Hc-One are a nationwide care provider with 230 homes around the UK providing care and support services with particular focus on dementia care.They came into existence in 2011 as a result of the dramatic closure of another provider. Initially to get them up and running we created a basic website for them, but in the long term they wanted a sleek, professional public face for the company that would grow with them, showing off the high quality of their care provision and giving their competitors a new benchmark to aim for.
PKD partnered with Sane and Able to deliver this vision, each bringing their own skills to the table. We provided the engine of the site, designing and building core content management tools and workflows to deliver the best possible user experience, plus all aspects of project management and strategic leadership whilst Sane and Able were responsible for the design of the front end of the website, developing the visuals within brand guidelines and resolving the key design and interface problems. It’s been a fruitful and ongoing working relationship that has allowed us to focus on the parts of the project that suited our in-house skills best. The finished site is a streamlined and transparent user experience that delivers complex information clearly to the people who need it.
- An intuitive search tool for finding care homes that geo-locates users to give them the most relevant results.
- Clear and easy-to-find information on each home.
- Teams within the organisation are now able to update their parts of the website individually.
- A focus on new company branding and messaging.
- Content that demonstrates the quality of the new leadership.
- Ability to share data with third party sites, making it easier to update information.
The new site has been returning great results for the client:
- An increase in traffic of 135% in the last year
- Processing a minimum of 100 job applications per day.
- Serving a minimum of 250,000 page views a month.